Welcome to our website.
The Maine Employee Rights Group has been standing up for Maine employees since 1994. We represent employees in the following types of cases:
- Discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, disability, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, or past medical leave use
- Discrimination or harassment due to complaints about an employer's illegal or unsafe activities
- Sexual Harassment
- Whistleblower retaliation
- Unpaid wages/overtime
- Denials of disability-related accommodations
- Medical leave disputes
- Denials of benefits for health insurance or short- or long-term disability
- Workers' compensation
We accept these types of cases on a contingency fee basis (no fee unless we win). We also perform limited general employment-related advisory services (such as severance agreement reviews and severance package negotiations) on an hourly fee or flat fee basis.
The Maine Employer Rights Group's attorneys have an excellent track record of jury verdicts and settlements. Attorney Thompson has been designated a New England "Super Lawyer" in the field of Plaintiff's Employment Discrimination Litigation for the last four years. This designation is reserved for the top 5% of lawyers in New England. Attorney Thompson has also been voted Portland's "Best Lawyer" six years in a row in surveys conducted by Market Surveys of America.
We maintain an 'A+' rating for trustworthiness and integrity by Better Business Bureau, its highest rating.
We have offices in Portland and Bangor, and represent Maine employees statewide.